System Time: 21:05 25 May 2013 - 0 Players Online
Blogshares Securities & Exchange Commission
The Blogshares Securities & Exchange Commission (BSEC) is composed of volunteer players who investigate and prosecute violations of the game rules.
Here is a basic rundown of how the BSEC handles case procedures and the basic format that we follow:
- First Investigation:
- Before suspending a player, we gather enough evidence of suspicious activity. This includes information available on the cheatypants.php page, information available in user transaction records, and filed complaints.
- Once we have enough evidence to begin a full investigation the user(s) is/are suspended. They are unable to successfully log into their account, but they can see their profile page. On this page is a request for them to contact the BSEC via the Complaints Forum along with a link directly to it.
- Case Posting:
- The case is posted immediately after. The case posting holds a majority of the information necessary to proceed with the full investigation. We have the user name, ID#, Net Worth, breakdown of the charges as well as evidence, and a section geared towards logging of the votes.
- This thread will contain all the deliberations and evidence available in the investigation, as well as communication between the BSEC and the accused.
- Notify User of Suspension:
- Once the case thread has been posted we immediately send out an email to the suspended parties letting them know they have been suspended as well as providing them a link directly to the deliberation thread for their case. A request for response and explanation of evidence is also requested at this time.
- 48 Hour Waiting Period:
- At this point the case goes into a "vote lockdown" phase for up to 48 hours. This gives the suspended player(s) ample time to respond to accusations. The case moves forward either as soon as a response is received in the case thread (or PM) or 48 hours have passed with no response. Investigation will continue during this point - but no voting.
- This waiting period can be waived if the user is no longer active - or enters a plea.
- A deliberation period comes next. All evidence (new and old) gets posted here for all to see. A response is expected for information available in this thread. Any non-accused player is asked to keep comments to the complaint forum, or post pertinent evidence in a private message to a member of the BSEC.
- Voting & Punishment:
- Voting will then take place after all facts have been made available and the accused has had a chance to respond. The BSEC will then take a vote. if found guilty, a punishment will be levied. If found not guilty the player(s) will be unsuspended without delay.
This charter hereby authorizes the creation of a judicial body within the game of BlogShares to be called the Blogshares Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC).
- I. The BSEC shall be comprised of 5 members, each being a registered player of BlogShares for a minimum of six months.
- II. Appointment to the BSEC shall be made by the Game Administrators with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- III. The BSEC shall be responsible for the following:
- Mediation of grievous inter-player disputes.
- Judgement and investigation of game rule violations by players.
- Judgement and investigation of fraud and abuse by players.
- IV. Any member of the BSEC shall have the authority to begin a case against any user.
- V. When a case has begun, the BSEC member creating the case must send notification to the accused informing them of the actions against them.
- VI. The BSEC shall deliberate solely on the accused player's actions and if they violate any official game rules.
- VII. The BSEC are not to enact new policy nor interpret existing rules as anything other than their exact wording implies.
- VIII. Whether a player is guilty or not guilty and any punishment actions to be recommended shall be determined by majority vote of all BSEC members.
- IX. If, for any reason, the BSEC is unable to decide a case by majority, the Game Administration shall decide the case.
- X. The BSEC will have the power to request account suspensions, recommend community service, recommend fines, recommend account resets, recommend account deletion, and recommend player bans.
- XI. Any BSEC decision is subject to the approval of the Game Administrators and/or Board of Directors.
- XII. The BSEC shall have the right to review and comment on any game or rule changes presented by the Game Administrators and/or Board of Directors.
- XIII. This charter affirms that the Game Administrators and Board of Directors have the following rights:
- Dismiss any scheduled or on-going BSEC case.
- Veto any punishment recommendation handed down by the BSEC and/or substitute another at their discretion.
- Take over any BSEC case or investigation should they deem it necessary.
- XIV. The rights in clause XIII shall only be exercised when absolutely necessary, for reasons prescribed in the Appendix section of the official game rules.
Enacted the 25th day of March 2004 and revised the 8th day of August 2005. Jay, C, and SubWolf - Board of Directors Island Dave, JustJames, MrPilot, and Raymond - Game Administrators
- BSEC Case History (Cases 00 to 99)
- BSEC Case History (Cases 100 to 199)
- BSEC Case History (Cases 200 to 299)
- BSEC Case History (Cases 300 to Present)