System Time: 23:06 18 Jun 2013 - 0 Players Online
The BlogShares Community
Here we have a breakdown of the community aspect of BlogShares. To be honest, no list could be complete and no description accurate enough to depict the reality of the BlogShares community. There are many aspects to BlogShares and we hope you will step in and sample them all.
Before diving in too far, please take a look at the BlogShares Who's Who list and get a feel for who some of the people you will see around site are.
Introduction The forums are the backbone of the BlogShares support system. This is where almost everyone goes when they have a question, a deal, or want to goof off. We have forums dedicated to every aspect of the game. You can get to the forums by clicking the "Forums" link on the top menu bar, or by clicking here.
Basic Instructions You can find basic information relating to signing-up and using the forum by using the SMF help pages. Also, please note that the forum and game use seperate user databases. Your game login will not work in the forum.
Forum Roles When looking at the "Who's Online" area at the bottom of the forum page, you can identify players who have important positions within the game. They will be colored purple, red, or green - in order of authority.
- Game Directors
- These are members of the game's Board of Directors. The big cheeses.
- Game Administrators
- These are members of the game's Administration team.
- Other Roles
- These are BSEC members, Index Managers, GIC members, or Editors.
Problems? If you're having problems with the forum, please PM an Administrator or send an email to [email protected]
Internet Relay Chat- IRC
BlogShares' official IRC channel is hosted at irc.geekshed.net Port 6667. There are three main channels in the blogshares IRC, #blogshares, and #bsec. To join any channel you are not currently connected to type:
- #blogshares: This room is the town hall for our community. Here you get to have conversations with everyone including The Big Brass. You can find out interesting goings on and stay up to the minute on everything (as well as start a few rumors). Once you enter the room for the first time - please take a moment to type !commands and !rules to find out what you can and cannot do.
- #bsec: The BSEC channel is a discussion room for the BSEC members. It is open to the public and you are encouraged to join during discussions to better understand how the BSEC works. This channel is moderated (meaning only the BSEC and other allowed visitors may speak) during meetings and deliberations.
- Try to keep the vulgarities and profanities to a minimum in the main channel. We do have younger players around.
- You will find that there are commands various users can use to interact with the bots in the channel. Do not abuse this as the ability will be taken away altogether.
- Show some decency and respect in the channel when you have a complaint or issue. Arguing in the open ruins the mood for everyone.
Jade is a command driven IRC bot (robot) capable of giving you quite a lot of information. Please do not abuse her!
Who's Who in #blogshares
- Suburban Wolf - A.K.A. SubWolf
- He is the eloquent British codemonkey from Roswell. Always glad to help out someone who seems interested in taking the time to learn.
- Handles site admin functions as well as code. Always busy working while in IRC.
- The aspiring member of the Mile High club. Someday... Also a BlogShares Admin.
- Princess Buttercup, Silent Omega Supreme.
- BlogShares BOD, Index guru, all your base are belong to ID. aka Jesus, RickJames.
- The BlogShares IRC bot. She controls the power of granting you millions of chips in a single breath, but will she do it?
Many users here at BlogShares keep an up and running blog offering you a glimpse into their daily lives, beliefs, and political affiliations (Yes, I said the "P" word). You can find the blog of the BlogShares Who's Who by visiting the Roles page. Not only does this give you a link to their blog - but also allows you to see their user ID's and position with the BS system. this doesn't cover everyone however.
Often you may only know a users ID number (from a trade, message, or signature in the forum). This can play to your advantage when looking to see if they have a blog. Merely note down their ID number and fill it in at the end of his address: http://www.blogshares.com/user.php?id=IDNUMBERHERE
This is nice as will you be able to see their blog and get a wealth of other information about them, their transactions, portfolio, etc...
While text ads may not seem to have much to do with community - they do. You can advertise your blog and opinions, send out public congratulations, draw notice to a particular web site, or gain awareness of an offer in the forums. These are a great way to reach out.
Official BlogShares Blog
BlogShares has an official blog located on the home page. This blog covers the most important changes being developed on the site, as well as news and raffle information.